Submitted by Lewis County Public Health & Social Services
Lewis County Public Health & Social Services (LCPHSS) announced today (4/17/20) that two more county residents – one in their 30s and one in their 40s – has tested positive for COVID-19, bringing the total of known county residents with positive tests to 21, two of whom have died.
Health officials continue to stress the importance of following the Stay Home, Stay Healthy orders. Along with social distancing, everyone should also:
- Wash your hands frequently
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue and then throw it away, or cough into your elbow
- Stay away from people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Frequently clean surfaces that get touched a lot – counters, keyboards, your cell phone, doorknobs, handles, etc.
In addition, DOH has a call center to answer questions from the public. If you have questions about what is happening in Washington, how the virus is spread, and what to do if you have symptoms, call 1-800-525-0127 and press #.