LewisTalk is expanding our writing team! We’re looking for writers who love to create articles about everything from local attractions to profiles on local businesses. Our team tells stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Lewis County. Apply today and become part of the fastest growing media company in Western Washington!
LewisTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Lewis County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media to over 7,500 positivity-loving followers.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things you’re interested in, and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some of our writers craft more than 10 articles per month, others write just one – and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time, availability and interests.
- Skills to create well-written, error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing feature business articles on specific topics
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Ability to take quality visually appealing photographs during interviews to submit with articles
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Fluent usage of basic technology – email, word processing, internet
- A sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include 200 words about why you love your community.