Submitted by Washington State Department of Transportation
Making plans for weekend travel? The Washington State Department of Transportation urges all travelers to “know before you go” and plan ahead and drive for the conditions.
- Consult WSDOT’s travel times charts, which use historical information to help drivers know before they go.
- Check out online tools, including mobile apps, traffic cameras and email alerts.
- Visit WSDOT’s online traveler information about traffic, weather and ferry schedules.
- Follow WSDOT’s social media accounts, such as Twitter and Facebook.
- Pre-program 530 AM and 1610 AM to vehicle radios for highway advisory radio alerts.
- Carry chains and other winter driving essentials.
- Check current chain and traction requirements on the WSDOT mountain passes website or by calling 5-1-1, and watch for highway advisory signs.
- Add extra time for winter travel, slow down and leave extra space between vehicles when driving on snow or ice.
For a list of up to date impacts visit: www.wsdot.wa.gov/travel/construction-updates/southwest
You can also download our mobile app to get real-time travel information 24/7: www.wsdot.wa.gov/travel/know-before-you-go/mobile-app