Rather than drive and worry about finding and paying for parking, you can ride Twin Transit to the fair for FREE! Just catch the bus at any of its usual stops and ride it stress-free right to the Southwest Washington Fairgrounds.
Connie Riker, Director of Lewis County Parks and Recreation and the Southwest Washington Fair, is very excited about Twin Transit’s Free Fare Week. “I think it’s fantastic that Twin Transit is offering this to the community, especially because it really matches this years’ motto, which is ‘Let’s all go to the fair,’” she says. “It’s a great way to help people get to the fair.”
From August 17 to 22, Twin Transit will be operating regular hours Tuesday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 7 p.m. and on Saturday and Sunday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m. It’s easy to find the routes online.
The fair runs from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. On Friday and Saturday, the fun lasts until 11 p.m. The fair closes on Sunday at 7 p.m.
Let’s remember how this goes, shall we? We need to know what events and activities are happening and when so we can plan our days of fair fun.
Activities happening every day of the fair
- Penny Scramble in the Hay – 11 a.m., Security State Bank Kid’s Corner. Always entertaining!
- Daily Contests for Kids and Families – 5 p.m., Security State Bank Kid’s Corner. Will you win?
- Livestock Shows and Exhibits – Open Class, FFA, and 4-H. Check them out and support our local kids!
- And of course, carnival rides!
Tuesday, August 17
- Kids Day – Ages 6-12 are half-price admission.
- Little Miss Friendly Ceremony – 6 p.m., Saloon Stage. Who will it be this year?
- Demolition Derby – 7 p.m., Grandstands. You know you love to see those wrecks!
- Local Favorite Chris Guenther and the Honky Tonk Drifters – 8 p.m., Midway Stage
Wednesday, August 18
- Senior Day – Half-price admission for ages 60 and over
- Senior Day Contests – Ages 60 and up. 12 p.m., Stage South. The fair isn’t just for kids!
- Danny Vernon, “Illusion of Elvis”, 4:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m., Saloon Stage. Will you hear your favorite Elvis song?
Thursday, August 19
- Grange Day and High School Night – High school students with an ASB card get in for just $3.
- Diaper Derby – 12 p.m., Stage South. Go, baby, go!
- Ron Artis II and the Truth will make Blues lovers happy – 6 p.m., Saloon Stage.
Friday, August 20
- Military Appreciation Day – $3 admission with Military ID.
- Pie Eating Contest – 4:30 p.m., Security State Bank Kid’s Corner. Youth, Teen and Adult categories. Will you join in?
- Junior Livestock Auction – 5:30 p.m., Judging Pavilion. Come to bid or show up to cheer on the kids.
- The Kingsmen – 8 p.m., Saloon Stage. Did you know their song “Louie Louie” was almost declared the official party song of Washington in 1985?
Saturday, August 21
- Blues Power Revue – 4 p.m., Saloon Stage. You have to see these “Jake and Elwood” lookalikes.
- Watermelon Eating Contest – 4:30 p.m., Security State Bank Kid’s Corner. Youth, teen and adult categories. You had pie yesterday. How about some watermelon today?
- Rodeo and Wild Horse Race – 6 p.m., Grandstands. Who doesn’t love watching horses?
- Hell’s Belles – AC/DC Tribute Band, 8 p.m., Saloon Stage.
Sunday, August 22
- Family Day, so everyone gets in for half price!
- Twin Star Credit Union “Stars of Tomorrow” Talent Show – 12 p.m., Stage South. Great local talent performing!
- Demolition Derby – 12 p.m., Grandstands. More of those wrecks you love!
- KACS Family Day Concert Series – 5 p.m. on the Saloon Stage.
And remember – at the end of the day, after you’ve had your fill of rides, shopping, fair food, and cute animals, there’s no need to worry about trudging exhausted out through a field looking for your car if you rode the bus there. You can hop on Twin Transit, relax and put your feet up while you ride the bus for FREE to your home destination. What a perfect way to end your fun-filled day at the Southwest Washington Fair.
What if you don’t live near a Twin Transit fixed route?
Simple call DARTT – Twin Transit’s door-to-door transportation service. This affordable service will pick you up and take you where you need to go. Simply call 360.330.5555 to book and pay for your ride by at least 4 p.m. the previous day. Once your reservation is made, a DARTT van will pick you up on the appointed day and time. For more information and pricing, see the DARTT website.