LewisTalk is expanding its writing team. Join our team of paid, professional writers that live, work and play in Centralia, Chehalis and Lewis County.
LewisTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities across Lewis County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our community social network reaches people that want to know about great things happening around us.
Apply your creativity, meet new people around the community, explore things that you are interested in and contribute to a locally owned, growing business. Some of our writers craft more than 10 articles per month, others write just one—and everything in between. The position is very flexible, based on a writer’s time, availability and interests.
Learn more about LewisTalk in this recent “Year in Review” article sharing milestones and growth in 2017.
- Proven experience creating error-free articles on deadline
- Interest in sharing positive stories about Lewis County
- Ability to conduct in-person interviews and interface with people who live, work and play in Lewis County
- Interest in writing advertising and content marketing as well as business articles
- Ability to snap quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format.
- Include 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.
Resumes and writing samples are due by Friday, January 12 at 5:00 p.m.