This community events calendar is the place to find fun activities and things to do throughout Lewis County, including Centralia, Chehalis and beyond.
In this workshop, you’ll learn the fundamentals of the Pilates method.
Friday, January 31
6:00 to 8:00 p.m.
$16* Early Bird (ends 1/24)
$26* General (begins 1/25)
* Plus Tax. Unlimited Members receive 10% off
We will spend some time laying the groundwork by discussing the principles of Pilates. Then we’ll go through a basic mat class with detailed explanations of the exercises and opportunities for questions. You’ll learn how to modify and find a deeper connection in your work. We will end with a Pilates mat flow, taking what we have learned and applying it to our movement.
This Beginning Yoga 6-Week Class Series will introduce you to the fundamentals of Yoga and build a strong foundation on which to deepen and expand your practice.
This series includes six, 90-minute sessions where we will explore and focus on the following fundamentals:
* Yoga breathing & meditation techniques
* Yoga terminology & basic anatomy
* Simple practices you can do at home to slowly build strength and flexibility for your practice
* Alignment and technique for basic yoga poses and postures
* Sequencing & flow for sun salutations
* How to get the most out of your savasana/meditation
February 1 through March 7
7:00 to 8:30 a.m.
$59* Embody Unlimited Members
Christina Mae Wolf is the owner of Embody and a 500 hour registered yoga teacher. She offers a gentle, inviting approach to yoga, focusing on safe and proper alignment along with the integration of body, mind and spirit. She is passionate about helping people begin their yoga journey and takes great joy in witnessing her students expand and grow through their practice.