Submitted by: Southwest Washington Fair
Create a fun, fair-themed retail window display to attract shoppers to your store! Enter the First Annual Southwest Washington Fair Window Display Contest. As a community, let’s celebrate the 110th Anniversary of the Southwest Washington Fair!
2019 Fair Theme: “Happy as a Hen, Come Celebrate 110”
Window Display Categories:
- National – Nationally owned retailers (5 or more locations)
- Local – Locally owned retailers (4 or fewer retail locations
- Container – Outdoor window boxes and containers
- “The Friendliest” – Most creative – all displays qualify for this category
- “People’s Choice” – The people’s vote – all displays qualify for this category
- Registration Deadline: July 9
- Displays must be completed: July 12
- “People’s Choice” Voting begins on Facebook July 13 through August 11
- Judging (National, Local, Container) July 16
- Winners (National, Local, Container) announced July 19
- “People’s Choice” voting ends August 11
- “People’s Choice” & “The Friendliest” winners announced August 13 – Fair Opening Ceremonies
Prizes and Judging
- Each eligible retail location entry will get 2 tickets to opening day of the 110th Annual Fair
- 1st, 2nd, 3rd place awards for National, Local, and Container will be awarded. Winners will receive ribbons and multiple tickets to the fair.
- “The Friendliest” and “People’s Choice” awards will have one winner per category and will receive a prize package at opening ceremonies. Package will include grandstand show tickets, carnival tickets, and more!!!
- “People’s Choice” votes this year will be based off of Facebook likes. You can view all entries on our Facebook Page Retail Window Display Album.
Rules & Guidelines
- You must maintain your display through August 11 to qualify for “People’s Choice Awards” and “Friendliest”.
- Your display must have the Retail Window Display Contest Flyer in the corner of the window
- Fair posters will also be available to hang in each window.
- Your display must be in the business window and be visible from the street. Judges will not be viewing inside your establishment. They will be viewing from photos taken.
- 2019 Fair and retail window display theme: “Happy as a hen, come celebrate 110.”
- Judges’ votes are final and non-biased. The Judges opinions reflect the Judges and not the Southwest Washington Fair, Fair Advisory Commission or Fair Association.
- The Judges’ votes and opinion will have no bearing on the “People’s Choice Award.”
Photos for Judging will be taken the week of July 13 to 16. If you have photos you can send us, please forward them to SWWFair@lewiscountywa.gov.
To download an application please go to https://southwestwashingtonfair.org/get-involved/
Or contact the Fair office at 360-740-1495.