LewisTalk is expanding! Join our group of paid, professional freelance business writers. Tell stories about what it’s like to live, work and play in Lewis County with a focus on profiles of local businesses and their role in the community.
LewisTalk publishes positive stories about people, businesses and organizations doing good things in communities around Lewis County. Our stories are published online and distributed via social media. Our platform reaches thousands of viewers each month – people that want to know about great things happening around us.
- Proven experience creating well-written, error-free articles on deadline
- Ability to professionally interview and interface with local business owners
- Interest in writing featured business articles on specific, set topics
- Flexibility to conduct interviews during regular business hours in-person
- Reliability and consistency
- Strong self-motivation skills
- Skills to take quality photographs during interviews to submit with stories
- Initiative to pitch story ideas on a monthly basis
- Fluent usage of technology – email, word processing, photo editing, internet
- Sincere passion for sharing the positive stories happening in our community
- Submit a resume in Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Include a writing sample of 200 words (or less) about why you love your community.
- Include three samples of previously published writing.
- Please address any questions to email@example.com.
- Do not include additional work samples or references unless requested.
Applications are due by 5:00 p.m. on March 19, 2019.