LewisTalk.com has opened a limited internship opportunity to Lewis County high school students interested in writing for our community social network.
The internship will run from September 2016 – June 2017 and is open to all Lewis County students entering grades 9 through 12.
What Interns will experience:
- Content published with your own byline on www.lewistalk.com
- Exposure to the workings of a profitable business, disrupting the media industry
- Insight into and experience with the freelance writing process
- Connections with published writers, professional editors and recognized business leaders
- Flexibility to complete assignments on your own schedule
What LewisTalk expects:
- One article with four photos (minimum) submitted each month by deadline
- Exceptional, error-free content that matches our platform’s voice and style
- Consistent follow-through on commitments
- Prompt communication via email with editorial staff
- Sincere interest in what LewisTalk creates for the community
- Initiative to ask for what you want to learn about
- Write 200 – 300 words that share why you love your community.
- Send your writing sample to email@example.com by Tuesday, May 31, 2016.
- Include your name, school, grade level and contact phone number.
- Introduce yourself in two to three sentences and include two or three goals that you hope an internship with LewisTalk will fulfill by the end of the school year.
Questions can be directed to LewisTalk at firstname.lastname@example.org.